Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Set goals for 2007

Let me wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope they find themselves reading this in good health.

I think it is important to start off the new year with some goals. Earl Nightingale says, "success is a progressive realization of a worthy gaol." So without a goal, we have no means of judging our success. Since I am a student-athlete, and this blog is about student-athletes, I am going to make goals geared towards both academics and athletics.

When setting your goals, it is important to remember to keep them short, specific, and within reach.

  • Maintain my first semester GPA during the second semester
  • Contribute to my track team as a freshman
  • Run a 14:40 5k in track
  • Finish top-30 at Mountain Regionals in cross country

I fell that all of those goals will be a challenge, but are still well within my reach.

What are your goals for the new year?

No comments: